Friday, April 25, 2014

Finished Project: Jupe Chardon Rouge

Hi friends! I'm back with another skirt sewing project under my belt (hah!). For the past couple of weeks, I've been in a sewing frenzy. As soon as I finished my denim Miette, I started cutting out my second Chardon skirt. Can I just say, again, for the record: I love that indie patterns always seem to fit. Thank you. Moving on to my new skirt.




This skirt is so simple to sew up and yet so cute and interesting to me. I now want one in every color. A bright yellow one would be fun for spring and summer, maybe even something made in a fabric with some more drape to it.

For my latest version, I left off the pockets and belt loops -- such a quick sew without those fiddly parts. I used a bright red cotton twill picked up on a recent trip to Joann's. I tend to buy most of my fabric online, since I don't live close to any super amazing shops. Joann's is usually just good for thread and notions, but sometimes I get lucky.








I've worn this skirt twice in real life already. It's fun to style with a striped shirt for a nautical look, but it also works well with a lot of other things in my closet. Would you guys be mad if I just wore this baby every day of Me-Made-May?

12 comments:

  1. Really cute! This makes me want to try a Chardon in a fabric with more stiffness. I've only made one in a really drapey chambray, and it's soooo cute and comfortable. I highly recommend you make a drapey version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've been eyeing up this pattern for a long time and your version makes me want it even more! So, so cute! I love it in red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I really need to make this up again - I feel like I got the sizing wrong, even though I used the one my measurements match. Maybe because it hits below the natural waist, which is definitely a different measurement on me ;) Yours fits perfectly! Love the styling too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! For me, the skirt hits a bit above my natural waist, then when I belt it the belt sits at my waist. I don't know if that helps, but I do know the version you made is totally adorable on you. :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! This pattern looks amazing in red and absolutely perfect with a striped shirt. I love it! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! And that bright red is beautiful. I can imagine it will become a regular in your outfits! (And I think it could be an interesting challenge: 31 different outfits with one red skirt ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would certainly wear it every day! It is wonderful. It is sewn so perfectly. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! You could make a rainbow of them and wear one everyday (I would)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super super cute! Seriously, I love this skirt - it is perfect in so many ways! Love the crisp red fabric you have picked and I don't doubt for a second that it goes with so many things in your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!